Monday, November 21, 2011

Sex and Roleplay

SEX!!!!  We all think about it, daydream about it and with the advent of the internet and now virtual worlds we can roleplay having sex.  Roleplaying sex can be great, for all the obvious reasons, but it can also be a great exercise in developing writing skills and emoting.  It is my considered opinion that if you have good writing skill and can emote, you can have really great rp sex. 

In my time in SL, I have had some really great roleplay sex scenes.  I have also had some really disappointing ones.as well.  What was the difference?  Why did one rock my world while the other left me yawning and ready for bed?  It comes down to as I said before, writing skills, ability to emote and imagination.  As an example, I once was in an rp story that led to rp sex.  This person could write and emote, but when it came to sex it was pretty much, "ohhh, I am so hot, ahh, mmmm..." well that is all well and good but it doesnt paint a picture at all.  Now a good one went something like this, "sallyslut moans loudly as he slides his large shaft into her wet heat.  She arched her back to take in as much of him as she could while her arms snaked around his neck"  See the difference?  Sallyslut gave me some reactions telling me how her body was reacting. 

Now do we really have sex when roleplaying?  Sometimes yes.  If I have a partner that I am really getting into it with, then yes, I do have the reactions that most healthy humans have to erotic literature.  But it remains roleplay as long as it is in character.  Now if we go into IMs and make mention of how this is making us feel, how our bodies are reacting, then we enter the realm of cybersex.  It is no longer just the characters involved, but the typists are now part of it.  Is this ok?  Sure, if both parties are agreeable and are above the age of consent.  Cybersex can be satisfying, though it will never take the place of Real World sex.  I think everyone agrees on that, but in the context of what it is, it can be great fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment